There are many different ways to have your WordPress website. Let me show you a really simple and fast way to do it in DreamHost.
(I’m currently creating guides on how to create your WP website on other platforms, but for now, this option is simple and useful 🙂 ).
*If you want first to test how WordPress works, you can follow this tutorial to install WordPress on your computer!
You can scroll down and you will notice it only takes 6 simple steps to do it. So let’s get to it.
First, you need HOSTING and a DOMAIN NAME, and just in case you still don’t know what those are, here’s a visual explanation courtesy of mikeroshuk.com:
There are hundreds or thousands of web hosting providers out there to chose from. You need to analyze cost, customer service, reliability, and many other things. To save you time we have done that work for you and we recommend DreamHost:
DreamHost has 10 years of experience hosting WordPress sites, actually, they are officially recommended by WordPress.org and after hours of research is definitely the best option to host your WordPress website.
When you are in DreamHost website, follow the next simple steps:
- In the top menu select WordPress > WordPress Shared.
- Scroll down to the plans, select the one that you prefer.
- Create your account simply by typing your e-mail address and choose a password.
- Type the name of the domain you will use for your new website, if is a new domain you will have to buy it. You can skip this part and do it later but I prefer to do it at the same time. Click Continue.
- In Additional Options, click on “Install WordPress” so your new hosting comes ready with the WordPress website! Click Continue.
- Fill in your information, add your credit card and press “Place Order Now”. You will receive an email with the confirmation in the address you specified.
Your new WordPress website is ready! 🙂
The next step is to add a theme. Your WP site comes with a default theme, you can either use that one, or change to a more profesional looking theme.
Continue to > Themes – Customizing the look and feel of your website lesson!